Dr. Monica Bonakdar has over 15 years of experience specializing in cosmetic dermatology. Recognizing the importance of providing her Orange County skin care and cosmetic dermatology clients with a state-of-the-art, full-service rejuvenation facility, she founded the Bonakdar Institute in Corona Del Mar, California.
With a steadfast dedication to providing the latest advances in cosmetic dermatology, cosmetic surgery and clinical spa solutions, Dr. Bonakdar is known for her caring approach and takes the time to ensure each patient makes well-informed choices in order to achieve their desired results. To begin your journey toward Ageless Beauty, request a consultation online or call our dermatology practice in Orange County at (949) 721-6000.
Education and Training
Dr. Bonakdar has impeccable credentials.
- Postgraduate Training : University of California Los Angeles, Residency in Family Medicine, 1994
- Medical School: University of California Irvine, California College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, 1991
- Undergraduate Education: University of California Irvine, Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, 1986, Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa Honors
Dr. Bonakdar has been a Platinum Provider of the BOTOX® Cosmetic Network since 2006. She is also:
- A Facial Aesthetic Trainer with Allergan for BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel, and LATISSE
- A participant in the JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel multi-center study
- An advisor to the Allergan's LATISSE® Advisory Board
- A national trainer for Artefill® dermal filler and her practice has been selected as an Artefill Center of Excellence
- An established lecturer and trainer for Lumenis® lasers
- Featured internationally on Europe's Good Morning TV as one of the first United States physicians using Fraxel® in Newport Beach.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Bonakdar is dedicated to researching and studying new developments in dermatology. She is a pioneer in the aesthetic community, offering the newest lasers and rejuvenation therapies.
A Word from Dr. Bonakdar
"As a Cosmetic Surgeon, clients come to me revealing many of their innermost feelings, sharing insecurities about their physical qualities and their desires to enhance their appearance. I know that speaking with a virtual stranger about such personal thoughts is never easy. Ensuring my clients' comfort throughout their entire experience at Bonakdar Institute is my priority.
"To me it is gratifying to develop and deliver rejuvenation therapies like BOTOX for Newport Beach men and women because it helps them to feel more confident, more assured and certainly more comfortable with their appearance. These positive feelings translate across the board to their daily lives. When we look better, consequently we feel better and we become more responsive to other people. We are able to share more of ourselves, be better spouses, parents, and friends and equally importantly, better in the work force as well. I see how my patients respond when they recognize changes in their appearance, when the clock turns back and they see a more youthful, fresher version of themselves. As their doctor, I hear the sense of empowerment in their voices, and see the radiant smiles that validate just how good they feel.
"True beauty comes from the inside, in form of who we are as people and our character. But, when a particular rejuvenation treatment elicits such positive change in a person's way of being, I'm delighted to have been the catalyst."
Dr. Bonakdar performs most skin care procedures in Newport Beach herself to ensure optimum results. Dr. Bonakdar's highly skilled nurse has advanced training and experience in laser hair removal and performs these treatments for our patients. A consultation at our practice begins with imaging and computerized analysis of the areas of concerns. We treat the consultation as the beginning of a partnership with our clients that grows into a fulfilling journey and discovery of Ageless Beauty.
Read what our patients say about Dr. Bonakdar at www.drmonicabonakdarreviews.com
Find Dr. Monica Bonakdar on Google +